Sunday, September 14, 2014

Anime Club: Manga Duct Tape Wallets

Our first anime club meeting of the fall was this afternoon and I wanted to have an open-ended kind of craft since I wasn't sure a.) how many teens would show up or b.) what their interests are. I had a ton of leftover duct tape from my tween duct tape program and a stack of discarded old manga from a big weeding project of mine. So I decided to combine the two and have the teens make manga duct tape wallets!

I basically just used this duct tape wallet tutorial and then altered it a bit. Here's what you need:

  • Old discarded manga
  • Duct tape
  • Scissors
  • Rulers
  • Clear packing tape


Basically, you just have the teen take 2 manga pages and cover both sides with clear packing tape like so:


Then just trim the edges of the tape and follow the rest of the instructions from the link above.



Some of the teens got really creative and made the wallet entirely out of duct tape and then use the clear packing tape to attach cut-outs from the manga!

We also watched some anime, had a snack, and I set out some paper/pencils so they could doodle.


This activity had very little prep time or costs. I highly recommend this for any anime club!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis