Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Pizza and Pages: Revolver by Marcus Sedgwick

Type of Book: Historical/Thriller

Plot Summary: Set in the Arctic Circle during the Gold Rush of 1910, fourteen year-old Sig is isolated in a cabin after his father dies by falling through the ice. Then a menacing stranger named Wolf appears and claims that Sig's father is hiding gold that rightfully belongs to Wolf. Sig's only defense might be his father's prized revolver.

Average Teen Rating: 5.3
I chose this book because I knew that it would generate a lot of good discussion. My teens we mixed on this title too. Some really got into the story, but some felt that it was too bleak for them.


Discussion Questions: I didn't really have to make up my own questions this month. I found some great ones here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis