Thursday, February 13, 2014

Storytime - Valentine's Day


Books:














Guess How Much I Love You: The Pop-Up Edition by Sam McBratney
How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You? by Jane Yolen & Mark Teague

Other Books to Share:















Guess Who? A Fold-Out Valentine's Adventure by Lola M. Schaefer
Who Loves the Little Lamb? by Lezlie Evans
The I Love You Book by Todd Parr
The Perfect Hug by Joanna Walsh
The Biggest Kiss by Joanna Walsh

Songs/Rhymes:

"Five Happy Valentines" (w/ flannel)

Five happy valentines from the dollar store
I gave one to my mommy, and now there are four.
Four happy valentines, lovely ones to see
I gave one to my brother, and now there are three.
Three happy valentines red, yellow, and blue
I gave one to my daddy, and now there are two.
Two happy valentines, my do we have fun
I gave one to my sister, and now I have one.
One happy valentine, the story's almost done
I gave it to the baby, and now there are none!

I did not make this adorable flannel.


"Skinnamarink"



"I Put My Hands Together"

I put my hands together
This is how I start
I curl my fingers right around
And I can make a heart!



"I'm a Little Valentine"
(To the tune: I'm a Little Teapot)

I'm a little valentine,
Red and white
With ribbons and lace
I'm a beautiful sight
I can say "I Love You"
On Valentine's Day
Just put me in an envelope
And give me away!


"H-E-A-R-T" (use w/ cut out letters)

There is a shape and it means love
And heart is its name-o!
H-E-A-R-T
H-E-A-R-T
H-E-A-R-T
And heart is its name-o!


"Five Little Hearts"

Five little hearts
All in a row
The first one said, “I love you so”
The second one said, “Will you be my valentine?”
The third one said, “I will, if you’ll be mine.”
The fourth one said, “I’ll always be your friend.”
The fifth one said, “We’ll all be friends until the very end.”


Craft: Heart Wreath

I cut out some Ellison hearts in different colors. I also cut out the middles of full sized paper plates. The kids could decorate their hearts any way they like then use a glue stick to attach them to the paper plate wreath. Then the parents and I helped to punch a hole in the top and string a piece of yarn through.



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis