Thursday, October 10, 2013

Storytime - Apples

With my coworker out for the day, she asked if I would take over her preschool and toddler storytimes. I, of course, happily obliged!

The Plan:

Books:


























Ouch! by Ragnhild Scamell
A New House for Mouse by Petr Horacek
Orange Pear Apple Bear by Emily Gravett
Ducking for Apples by Lynne Berry

Songs/Rhymes:

"A-P-P-L-E" (w/ felt letters and hands)

(to the tune: B-I-N-G-O)

I know a fruit that grows on trees
And apple is its name-o
A-P-P-L-E
A-P-P-L-E
A-P-P-L-E
And apple is its name-o!

"Apples and Bananas"

I like to eat, eat, eat apples and bananas.
I like to eat, eat, eat apples and bananas.

I like to ate...ayples and banaynays
I like to eet...eeples and baneenees
I like to ite...iples and baninis
I like to ote...oples and banonos
I like to ute...uples and banunus

"Apple Roll" (w/ flannel)

Five little apples in the bowl
One fell out and started to roll
It bumped the table and hit my feet
How many apples are left to eat?

(Count down to none)

"Apple Tree"

Way up high in the apple tree (stretch arms high)
Two little apples I did see (make 2 fists)
I shook that tree as hard as I could (make a shaking motion)
And d-o-w-n came the apples (make downward motion)
Mmmm...they were good! (smile and rub tummy)

Craft: Paper plate apples



This craft is super easy! I pre-punched small paper plates and cut out some leaves and stems. The preschoolers colored the plate, glued on the stems and leaves, and then I taped a big craft stick to the back for a handle. Then they could stick their finger through the hole and pretend that it's a worm.


(Thanks to Lisa for the craft inspiration!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis