Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Toddler Storytime - Trucks

To go along with our summer reading theme, I decided to do the perennial toddler favorite: trucks!

The Plan:

Books:


Where's My T.R.U.C.K? by Karen Beaumont - For this book I cut out the Ellison letters T, R, U, C, and K. I put them on a flannel board and had the kids help me spell "truck" whenever it appeared in the book.

I'm a Truck Driver by Jonathan London

Songs/Rhymes:

"Dump Truck" (to the tune of Ten Little Indians)
I got this great truck song idea from Abby the Librarian's blog.

Bumpity-bumpity comes the dump truck (bounce up and down)
Bumpity-bumpity comes the dump truck
Bumpity-bumpity comes the dump truck
Dump out the load! (tip over sideways)

You can change it up by pretending to have a heavy load and go slowly and then a light load and bounce really quickly!

"The Wheels on the Truck" 

The wheels on the truck go 'round and 'round (roll hands)
'Round and 'round, 'round and 'round
The wheels on the truck go 'round and 'round
All through the town

Repeat with:

The shovel on the truck goes dig dig dig...
The bucket on the truck goes dump dump dump...
The horn on the bus goes beep beep beep...

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis