Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Flannel Friday Guest Post Palooza: Boots by Laurie Berkner

In celebration of Flannel Friday's 4th birthday, bloggers are hosting a Guest Post Palooza! What this means is that current bloggers are pairing up with those who would like to contribute to Flannel Friday and share their great flannel ideas.

Today my blog is hosting a post about this cute flannel from Leah King, a librarian at the Bowman Regional Public Library in North Dakota. Greetings from Ohio, Leah! 



Thank you to Kim for posting my first Flannel Friday contribution on her blog!!!

I love action songs and getting the children up off the benches during story time!  Laurie Berkner gets me bopping in no time flat.  When I did a Rain Story Time, I decided to flannelize her song Boots.  We get to spell and stomp and dance.  Does it get any better than that?! 



B-O-O-T-S boots!
B-O-O-T-S red boots!
In my red boots, in my red boots
I stomp around in my red boots.
In my boots (stomp, stomp)
In my boots (stomp, stomp)
I stomp around in my boots.




B-O-O-T-S boots!
B-O-O-T-S frog boots!
In my frog boots, in my frog boots
I jump up and down in my frog boots.
In my boots (ribbit, ribbit )
In my boots (ribbit, ribbit)
I jump up and down in my boots.






B-O-O-T-S boots!
B-O-O-T-S dancing boots!
In my dancing boots, in my dancing boots
I dance around in my dancing boots.
In my boots (bah, bah, bah)
In my boots (doo, doo, doo)
I dance around in my boots.




B-O-O-T-S boots!
B-O-O-T-S rain boots!
In my rain boots, in my rain boots
I splash around in my rain boots.
In my boots (splish, splash)
In my boots (splish, splash)
I splash around in my boots.



You could also change up this song according to your story time.  My kids would like “oinking” in “pig boots” as well as acting out in many other types of boots.

You can see Laurie Berkner singing her fabulous song Boots in the following YouTube link:
Mollie at What Happens in Storytime is hosting this week's Flannel Friday. You can find the round-up over on her blog! For more information on Flannel Friday, check out their websiteFacebook group, or Pinterest page.

13 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I LOVE Laurie Berkner and your flannel boots to go with the song are Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting my blog post, Kim. I've been following Flannel Friday for quite a while. There are so many good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I MUST do this! I am a huge Laurie Berkner fan. I have been wanting to learn Boots on the ukulele, but this flannel may be even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, I've been wanting to get more comfortable with my ukulele. Glad you like the flannel.

      Delete
  4. omg Laurie Berkner felt story!! I love how you put the letters up on the felt board too for some letter awareness. A perfect felt song for rainy Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lindsey. I'm glad I was able to share this. :)

      Delete
  5. Leah, this is great!! I'm going to have to remember this one. But later....I'm ready for the boots weather to go away!! I hope you'll consider starting your own storytime blog. It's really handy to have!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. I've thought about starting a blog. This was rather fun to write. Even though we've had a dry winter, I'm ready for spring!!

      Delete
  6. Everyone loves Laurie Berkner and you've done her Boots song just beautifully. Bravo! ~ jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, thank you!! We had so much fun with this song.

      Delete
  7. Leah I love this! Cannot wait to borrow this idea! I also love that you used all lower case letters - great preschool skill. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Itsy, I loved that you said that. Borrow away!

      Delete

ShareThis