Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Storytime - Art

Books:


I'm the Best Artist in the Ocean by Kevin Sherry - This very short book follows an octopus as he creates several works of art in the ocean. But not everyone appreciates it!









I Ain't Gonna Paint No More by Karen Beaumont - I pass out large paint brushes and have the kids "paint" the various body parts mentioned in the book.







Songs/Rhymes:

Rainbow Kittens (w/ flannel)

Six little kittens found a box of paint.
They jumped right in...
Their mother will faint!
The first little kitten came out red.
"I'll be orange!" the second one said.
The third little kitten turned bright yellow.
"I'll be green," said the next little fellow.
The fifth kitten said, "My favorite is blue."
"Purple for me," said the sixth with a mew.
Dancing home the little kittens go,
To show their mother a kitten rainbow!

Mama cat said, "You're the most colorful kittens that I've ever seen!"
Then one...by one...by one...by one...by one...by one...
She licked them all clean!


This Is the Way

(Do motions to match song)

This is the way we stir the paint, stir the paint, stir the paint
This is the way we stir the paint, so early in the morning!

(Continue with dip our brush, paint the paper, blow it dry, frame the picture)
Source


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis