Monday, November 24, 2014

Storytime - Counting



Books:


Ten Terrible Dinosaurs by Paul Stickland - This counting story about dinosaurs went over okay with my group. I don't know that I'd use it again.








Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons by Eric Litwin - You can't go wrong EVER with Pete the Cat! I did this one as a flannel story and had the kids sing his button song along with me.


Source for Flannel


Songs/Rhymes:

Five Funny Dinosaurs (w/ flannel)

(Tune: Five Green and Speckled Frogs)

Five funny dinosaurs (hold up five fingers)
Let out a great big ROAR! (Roar)
And ate up some most delicious leaves, YUM YUM (rub tummy)
One jumped into the pool (hold up one finger and "jump" through other arm)
Where it was nice and cool
Now there are four funny dinosaurs (hold up four fingers)
ROAR ROAR! (Roar)

Continue with 4, 3, 2, and 1

Zoom Zoom Zoom

Zoom zoom zoom, we're going to the moon (clap or swish hands)
Zoom zoom zoom, we're going to the moon
If you want to take a trip, climb aboard my rocketship
Zoom zoom zoom, we're going to the moon
Zoom zoom zoom, we're going to the moon
In 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... (count down on fingers and slowly crouch lower)
BLAST OFF! (jump up in the air)

(Thanks to Jbrary for this awesome song! This one is so popular with my babies and toddlers, I usually have to do it more than once.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis