Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Anime Club: Cat Ear Headbands

For our October Anime Club meeting, I wanted to keep our activities sort of Halloween-y. So we put on some Ghost Hunt and I showed the teens how to make cat ear headbands. Some also came in their favorite cosplay so I awarded the top 2 with boxes of Pocky. I found a good tutorial for headbands here.

Here's what you need:

  • Craft felt (in lots of different colors - glitter felt is a bonus!)
  • Aleene's Tacky Glue
  • Scissors
  • Straight pins
  • Headbands (I buy them in bulk from Amazon)
  • Ribbon* 
  • Bells*
  • Lace*
  • Thread*
  • Sewing needles*
* = optional










I also made a cat ear template that I found here and modified. I cut out several copies onto yellow cardstock.


The teens came up with some pretty neat designs! Here's my not-as-great example:


I also set out some Asian candy for them to try. We had everything from Hi-Chews to scorched rice candy. Surprisingly, some of them liked the scorched rice! I also had lemonade and cookies so they wouldn't go hungry if they didn't want the candy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis