Thursday, August 1, 2013

Toddler Storytime - Colors

Sadly, this was the last week of summer storytimes!

The Plan:

Books: 















Duckie's Rainbow by Frances Barry

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin - I love this book! It's a really fun read-aloud. I especially love snapping my fingers and singing the song. I also have the kids chime in and say "Goodness, no!" with me.

Songs/Rhymes:

"Green Square, Green Square"
(Based on the book Brown Bear, Brown Bear by Bill Martin Jr.)

I found this wonderful rhyme on Sunflower Storytime's blog. Click here to see the full rhyme and download her template!


"Color Game" by Jim Gill (from Jim Gill Sings Do Re Mi on his Toe Leg Knee)

I passed out a colored scarf to each child and we did the movements along to the song. So much fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis