Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Storytime - Mothers

My Plan

Books: 















Is Your Mama a Llama? by Steven Kellogg (Preschool)
A Mother for Choco by Keiko Kasza (Preschool)
What Moms Can't Do by Douglas Wood (Toddler)
Who Loves the Little Lamb? by Lezlie Evans (Toddler)
Don't Wake Up Mama! by Eileen Christelow (Preschool) - I changed the Happy Birthday theme to Mother's Day instead. The preschoolers never knew the difference!

Rhymes/Songs:

"Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" - I did this popular song using a Monkey Mitt to go along with Don't Wake Up Mama!:



"There's Something in My Pocket"

There's something in my pocket
Could it be a moose? (show picture of a moose)
Could it be a train with a caboose? (show picture of a train)
Could it be a snake? (show picture of a snake)
Or some sticky glue? (show picture of a glue bottle)
Right here in my pocket is a KISS from me to you! (blow kisses)

"Skinnamarink" 

(You can use a CD version like on "Great Big Hits" by Sharon, Lois, and Bram or "Wiggleworms Love You" or you can just sing it a capella)

Skinnamarink a dink a dink
Skinnamarink a do
I love you!
Skinnamarink a dink a dink
Skinnamarink a do
I love you!
I love you in the morning and in the afternoon
I love you in the evening and underneath the moon
Skinnamarink a dink a dink
Skinnamarink a do
I love you!

Craft:

I found a cute poem about little hands online, so I typed it up and cut it out using scalloped scrapbooking scissors. I then had the preschoolers glue the poem to one side of a piece of pink construction paper and trace their hand on the other side. I pre-hole punched and tied yarn at the top so that they could hang their masterpieces up at home.












No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis